Hey! So as I was doing my usual blog browsing/inspiration gathering, I stumbled upon this beautiful DIY that can turn your holiday party from scary into scary beautiful…
What you Need:
Martha Stewart Metallic Acrylic craft Paint in three shades (available at Michaels or Amazon)
Kraft pumpkin (I found mine at Michaels)
1. Start by painting the bottom half of your pumpkin with your darkest color and work your way up towards the middle with your brush.
2. Immediately start on your second midtone color so that its easier to blend the colors. Brush in up and downward motions across the middle and up towards the top.
3. Finish with your lightest gold color around the top, continuning to blend together the layers. Let dry and then display!
Hey, so as you guys all know Halloween and Dia de los Muertos are rolling around pretty soon. So to kick off the holiday season in a spooky way, I’ve conjured up five amazing spooky DIY projects! Enjoy!
1) Creepy Spider Pie via papernstitchblog.com: http://www.papernstitchblog.com/2012/10/29/halloween-diy-creepy-spider-pie/
2) Pumpkin pie bites (so yummy): http://www.bakerella.com/pumpkin-pie-bites/
3) Goldleaf Halloween Postcards (you can also use this concept for Christmas and New Years’ Eve cards as well!): http://lovelyindeed.com/diy-gold-leaf-halloween-postcards/
4) Creepy Cat-Eye No-Carve Pumpkins: http://www.papernstitchblog.com/2013/10/15/make-this-creepy-cat-eye-no-carve-pumpkin-diy/
5) Cameo Hairpin: http://ps-imadethis.tumblr.com/post/63730955694/it-goes-without-saying-that-halloween-is-a-diy
Just some stylish & delicious projects to get your holiday DIY juices flowin’!
So, since it is the middle of October and I really need some things to do to fill my time during Fall Break in Ithaca I scoured my favorite blogs and found some great DIY Projects…
- Office Stick Polka Dot Pumpkin
- Holiday Garlands
- Delicate Layered Necklace
- Graphic T-Shirts
- Wrapped Stone Bracelet
- Apple Pie
- Sharpie Manicure
- Faux Bow Clutch
- Confetti-Filled Frame
- DIY Postcards
They’re all just such great time-fillers that are great to accessorize with or decorate my apartment with so I’m super excited! Pictures to come along next Monday.
my favorite part about living on my own is getting to decorate without question, being able to cook different ramen recipes at all hours of the night, and my various DIY projects. and now I wanted to share my little piece of heaven with the world. Welcome to my little cottage.. 430 FHD.