Check out this tutorial for a pretty purple eye for those fall nights out with the girls or your beau via thebeautydepartment.com!
- Lilac Shadow Palette — I used Lancôme Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Orchid Splendor because I love the separate matte and shimmer versions of lilacs (so many palettes out there are either all matte or all shimmer/metallic). You could also tryRevlon PhotoReady Shadow Palette in Watercolors, developed by one of my peers, makeup artist Gucci Westman.
- Black Gel Liner — I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Mauve, a softer version to black with hints of mauve that glides on smoothly.
- Your Favorite Mascara — I used Covergirl Exacts Eyelights Mascara in Black Pearlbecause it’s designed to brighten brown eyes and make them come to life! Yes, they have shades for other eye colors too!
- Sweep the matte lilac shadow all over the lid and crease.
- Trace the same shade along the lower lashline.
- Press the shimmer lilac shadow on the center of the upper lid a couple times to make it pop.
- Using an angled liner brush, sweep the gel liner across the upper lashline and wing it up and out for a little flick.
- Line the lower lashline with the same liner and brush, making it thicker as you work from the inner corner to the outer corner (remember, to make a line thicker you simply press harder!).
- Apply a couple coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Pair it with a peach or nude lip and you’re ready to go!