Hey! It’s so rainy here in Ithaca today that I decided to create my own in-home spa with my roommate to keep ourselves happy, pretty, and pampered. First is an incredibly delicious Berry-Yoghurt mask (wholeliving.com) and then there’s the ultra-moisturizing avocado hair/face mask (bespangledjewelry.blogspot.com)!
2 tbsp plain greek yoghurt
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a blender, pulse the honey and yogurt until fully combined.
2. Add the berries, pureeing till smooth. And then add the lemon juice
3. Apply to face using clean, dry hands.
4. Let mask sit 10 to 15 minutes then rinse face with warm water.
This mask will brighten, tighten, and moisturize your skin while helping to even skin tone!
Ultra Moisturizing Avocado Face/Hair Mask:
2 tbsp organic avocado oil
1/2 organic mayonnaise
1 tbsp organic raw honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
2. Face -> Apply to clean, dry face using fingers working in circular motion. Leave on for around 30 to 35 minutes. Then rinse off with warm water.
3. Hair -> Wet hair with warm water to open hair cuticle (to retain more moisture). Squeeze out excess water and towel-dry with old t-shirt. Apply mask from roots to ends and coat scalp as much as possible. Comb through hair once with wide-toothed comb then wrap hair in hot, damp towel. Leave on for 30 minutes to two hours! Voila, ultra moisturized hair!
I hope you all love these simple DIYs as much as my roomie and I do on rainy days/nights. Just a little bit of pampering can relax you after a long day. 🙂